Virtue of the Month: Order
Nguzo Saba of the Month: Kujichagulia
Fruit of the Month: Red Delicious Apples
WELCOME BACK to Woodlawn Community School! We are anticipating another exciting year!
A few reminders:
- SCHOOL HOURS are 8:55 a.m. – 2:45 p.m. However, students are allowed to enter the building at 8:15 a.m. for breakfast.
- When ABSENCES OR TARDIES occur, parents should notify the school office by phone and send a note upon the students’ return.
- The SCHOOL UNIFORM consists of a burgundy/maroon shirt with a collar, a khaki bottom with a belt and brown/black hard bottom shoes. NO GYM SHOES!
- The EMERGENCY FORM AND LUNCH APPLICATION were sent home today. Please send the completed form and application back as soon as possible. We must have completed forms for EVERY child in attendance at our school. To expedite this process we hold a contest every year. The first class that has all of the forms submitted will win a pizza party!
- The PARENT-STUDENT HANDBOOK was also sent home today. Please review all of the items carefully with your child. There are a few changes and students are responsible for knowing the contents of the handbook.
- The Local School Council and Parent Advisory Committee have implemented a STUDENT FEE for the 2010-2011 school year, which is $40/child. Student fees should be paid in the office during school hours by Friday, September 10, 2010.
- We will hold our annual OPEN HOUSE on Thursday, September 16, 2010 from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Please take time out of your busy schedule to be with us and learn more about your child’s learning environment.
- The TUITION-BASED BEFORE/AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM will begin Monday, September 13, 2010. The hours are 7:00 a.m. – 8:15 a.m. (Monday-Friday) and 2:45 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. (Friday). To register, or for further information, please see Mama Bell.
- The SANKOFA AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM start date has yet to be determined. You will receive information at a later date. For further information, please see Mama McClinton.
If you have any questions and/or concerns, please feel free to contact the office.
F. Kweku Embil,